IMS, University of Stuttgart (until 02/2024)
Faculty Information Systems and Applied Computer Science, University of Bamberg (starting 03/2024)
- [2023-12-04] I will move from the University of Stuttgart to the University of Bamberg in March 03/2026 (see my posts on Twitter/X) and on LinkedIn. I talk a bit more about that in a recent blog post.
- Modelling of psychological concepts in text/language; both for text analysis and text generation.
- Sentiment and emotion analysis, particularly of implicit expressions and with structured prediction models.
- Biological and medical text mining, including social media mining and fact checking.
- Social media mining, computational social sciences and digital humanities
- Machine learning, deep neural and probabilistic graphical models: Zero-shot learning, performance prediction, explainability
- Conditioned text generation, including emotionally conditioned text generation and style transfer
How to contact me?
- I prefer to be contacted via email.
- Are you interested to work with me? Read this. However, please note that I cannot currently accept any new B.Sc. or M.Sc. students in Stuttgart. I’d be happy to work with you in my new role as a professor in Bamberg, but note that I will only start there in March 2023.